As of January 1, 2011, all Paid Tax Preparers are required by law to register and obtain a PTIN (preparer tax identification number) from the IRS. Only CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Lawyers and RTRPs (registered tax return preparers) are permitted to prepare tax returns. Don't subject your federal tax returns to scrutiny by the IRS by using an unqualified tax preparer. Ensure that your tax professional is properly registered. Use the RTRP Registry to find a licensed tax preparer to prepare your taxes or verify that your current tax professional has been issued a PTIN number.

Is Your Tax Preparer Licensed?

Be sure your business and personal tax returns are in the hands of a licensed and verified Tax Preparer.

Tax Preparer Continuing Education

RTRPs are required to complete 15 hours of tax education each year including 2 hours of ethics, 3 hours of federal tax updates, and 10 hours of federal tax law. CPE4RTRP offers an IRS approved self-study 15-hour CE package that meets all the requirements.
Order Now!

Need Help Passing the IRS Exam?

RTRPs need to pass the new IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer examination by December 31, 2013. CPE4RTRP can help you prepare! The Ultimate RTRP Value Bundle helps you prepare for the Tax Return Preparer Competency Exam--with powerful resources from Wiley and Tax Mama--PLUS you get 15 hours of required CE.
Order Now!

Untitled Document